Posts Tagged ‘plant safe ice melt’
Paws-itively Safe Ice Melt
You can run, you can hide, but you can’t escape winter in New England. We all know that winter brings with it an abundance of snow and, often times, a build up of ice that, left untreated, can stop a city in its tracks. For years businesses and homeowners have turned to products that melt the ice that has already formed and that can prevent ice from developing further. While these products can be a dream come true for humans, they can be our pet’s worst nightmare. Ingestion of ice melt products usually happens when the pet licks the product off of their paws after walking through it. Ice melt ingestion can cause symptoms as minor as local skin irritation to abdominal discomfort and vomiting. Sadly, however, ingestion of sodium chloride, a chemical common to ice melt products, can and has caused severe and sometimes fatal reactions in pets.
Chippers, a New Hampshire based business specializing in tree, plant and turf health and care offers a pet safe alternative to these toxic ice melt products. Their product, Great White, is safe for pets, people, plants and surfaces. It is a non-tracking formula that saves carpets and floors. It won’t corrode aluminum, brick or other surfaces. It’s specially formulated irregular crystals provides an extra measure of traction and it works in temperatures as low as 5 degrees fahrenheit. Chippers will supply this product to both businesses and private homeowners. It can be delivered in pallets or 50lb. bags. If you are the owner of a pet business or if you are simply a pet owner looking for a safer alternative for your pets, please contact Chippers and tell him that Healthy Pets NH sent you.
(Credit given to Healthy Pets NH October newsletter)